It can be challenging to feed a family.
Before I had kids, I knew that being a mom wasn’t going to be easy. There would be sleepless nights, there would be potty training, there would be temper tantrums, and there would be plenty of other difficulties along the way. But what I didn’t necessarily expect was that feeding children is quite possibly the single biggest struggle of parenting (ok, I know that sounds a little over-dramatic, but hear me out!).
Think about it, from the second that kid pops out of your womb, it is your responsibility to make sure it gets the nourishment it needs. Like, their life depends on it. Talk about pressure.
And that pressure starts pretty much the second that kid leaves your body (In reality, I guess that pressure probably started the second you found out you were pregnant and started to grow that human inside your own body, but I digress). Your first obligation is to make the choice whether your baby will be breastfed or bottle fed. Don’t worry, there is plenty of societal pressure out there to make sure that you make the “right” choice! 😉 And little do you realize in that moment of making your very first choice as a new mom, but you have just begun a lifetime of feeding dilemmas.
By the time you are a little bit more of a “seasoned” mom, you no longer have to make the choice of breast or bottle, but instead, have a whole new set of challenges to contend with.
- “What the hell am I going to make for dinner tonight?”
- “I forgot to go to the grocery store, so we’ll just have to hit the drive thru…again.”
- “We spent $3,281 on groceries last month, does that sound excessive to you?”
- “Susie has developed a pretty selective palette. She’s currently surviving on goldfish crackers and bananas.”
Sound familiar? Please tell me it’s not just me!!
Some of the biggest challenges that I face when trying to feed my family are:
- Failing to plan ahead.
- Never knowing what to make for dinner.
- Spending a fortune on food.
- Dealing with picky eaters.
If you’d like to join me in tackling these problems, I invite you to check out my 4-part series, that starts next Monday, November 11th, entitled: You’re hungry again? You just ate yesterday: The never-ending challenges of feeding a family. In this series, we’ll cover topics like:
- What is Meal Planning? With Bonus Free Meal Planning Template
- What Should I Make for Dinner? Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes for Your Family.
- How to Save Money on Groceries: Tips from a Tightwad
- Recipes for Picky Eaters That Will Help You Save Your Sanity
I promise to include lots of helpful stuff that will make feeding your family so much less stressful!
Stay tuned for the first part of the series: What is Meal Planning? Plus Free Meal Planning Template that drops next Monday, November 11th!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss this series or any of our future content!